On this page is our (developing) repository of golf-related volunteer opportunities from around the Pacific Northwest. Check back soon, as more will be posted as they become available! Please click here for more information on submitting volunteer opportunities.
- Details: Several facilities are hosting local qualifying for the 2017 Drive, Chip & Putt Championship and they need your help! A joint initiative founded in 2013 by the Masters Tournament, United States Golf Association and The PGA of America, the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship is a free nationwide junior golf development competition aimed at growing the game by focusing on the three fundamental skills employed in golf.
Mount Si Golf Course, June 25, 2017. For more information and to get involved, contact:
Brandon Proudfoot, PGA
Lake Padden Golf Course, June 27, 2017. For more information and to get involved, contact:
Josh Fish, PGA
- Dates: June 15-21, 2017 | Location: Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Ore.
- Volunteer Details: The 50th PGA Professional Championship will be a great success with the help of many volunteers. We would like to invite you to participate and thank you for your interest; your support of this Championship is greatly appreciated! All volunteers will receive a uniform and access to the championship grounds all week. Committee preferences are entered on a first come, first serve basis and are at no time guaranteed.
- Volunteer Rate: $25.00
- Application Deadline: May 12, 2017
- Volunteer package: Uniform: Volunteers will receive a golf shirt (please select gender style and sizing below) and hat. Meals: lunch Incentive - Those volunteering at least four (4) shifts will receive a complimentary round of golf at either Meadows or Woodlands (Cart fee included) valid through October 31, 2017. Those volunteering at least six (6) shifts will receive two (2) complimentary rounds of golf at either Meadows or Woodlands (Cart fees included) valid through October 31, 2017, invitation to the Champions Toast/Volunteer party following the awards presentation on June 21 and daily raffles for prizes at the volunteer tent.
- Point of Contact:
- Josie Whisnant, 50th PGA Professional Championship Volunteer Chairperson
- Dates: September 11 - 17, 2017 | Location: Bear Mountain Resort, Victoria, B.C.
- Volunteer Details: The Pacific Links Bear Mountain Championship relies on the support and loyalty of over 600 volunteers to deliver a world-class event. Volunteers are required in a variety of committees, assignments and positions, and consist of avid golfers, fans of the game and people looking for a fun and exciting experience. We recognize that you, the volunteers, are vital to the success of the event. Volunteers are accepted and assigned on a first registered first served basis, after payment in full has been received. Some committees will also consider specific experience/skills. We look forward to welcoming you to the second PGA TOUR Champions event held in Victoria, B.C. and together making this tournament an unconditional success.
- Volunteer Rate: Adult $49 + tax; Junior $25 + tax.
- Volunteer package:Volunteer Credential allowing access to the Championship Grounds, Wednesday - Sunday. Two (2) transferable tickets to the Pacific Links Championship (good for any day). Official Pacific Links Championship Volunteer Golf Shirt. Official Pacific Links Championship outerwear piece. Official Pacific Links Championship golf cap or visor. Souvenir program. Complimentary parking. Continental breakfast and lunch provided on days volunteered. Invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party (post-tournament).
- Point of Contact:
- Leslie Crawford, Volunteer Chairwoman
Brad Parkins, Tournament Director
- REGISTER ONLINE TODAY TO JOIN THIS INCREDIBLE TEAM!
- Dates: 2017 season | Locations: across the Pacific Northwest (PNGA) and Washington State (WSGA, USGA qualifiers)
- Volunteers Needed: Forecaddie, Live Scoring/Pace of Play, Player Registration, Rules Official, Scoring Table/Scoreboard, Starter (a staff member will provide instruction and be available for questions during the events).
- Volunteer Appreciation Program: The Pacific Northwest Golf Association (PNGA) and the Washington State Golf Association (WSGA) have partnered to administer a Championship Volunteer Incentive Program. The incentive based program is designed to recognize those who volunteer their time and skills at PNGA and WSGA Championships as well as USGA Qualifiers.
Number of Days Spent Volunteering:
- 1 - 5 Days: Embroidered association hat
- 6 - 10 Days: Invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation/Training Day in the Spring of each season at The Home Course, which will include a golf outing, awards and lunch
- 11 - 15 Days: Embroidered association shirt
- 16 - 20 Days: Embroidered association coat
- 21+ Days: Entered into a year-end drawing for a golf stay 'n play package
- Point of Contact: For more information, please visit the above links or contact Scotty Crouthamel, Senior Director of Rules and Competition.
Interested in posting a volunteer opportunity on this page? Please submit your name, email, and a brief description of the event below, and someone will get back to you soon.