On this page:
- WSGA Member Benefits
- Member Benefits Breakdown
- Benefits For the Men's and Women's Clubs and Golf Course Facilities
- WSGA Membership Includes PNGA Membership
- WSGA Multi-Member Rebate
- GHIN Mobile App
- Additional Benefits
- Membership FAQ
The benefit of a USGA Handicap Index through the WSGA
A handicap provides a unique scoring system that levels the field for players of different abilities by "giving strokes" to the more inexperienced golfer. Without it, it wouldn't be much fun for the rookie golfer to go up against more experienced players.
It also makes it possible to compare scores when competing from different tees or even when women are playing against men.
- It's an indication of your level of play, regardless of the course you're on.
- It's a great incentive to improve your game: because it's based on your best 10 scores it's a reflection of your potential, not your average score or strokes over par.
- Some golf courses, especially in Europe, require proof of golf handicap before letting you on the course. Keep that in mind when planning your golf resort getaway!
The WSGA provides the World's largest USGA Handicap Index service (GHIN) to you with additional services that include Championships, Casual Golf Days, Net and Gross Events, Golf Deals, and PNGA Membership. Additionally, you're supporting a non-profit organization that works hard for you on the sustainability and growth of the game!
WSGA Membership Includes PNGA Membership
As a WSGA member, you automatically become a member of the Pacific Northwest Golf Association (PNGA), and will receive all the membership benefits of that Association. Founded on February 4, 1899, the PNGA is a 501c3 charitable, international, amateur golf association dedicated to preserving the true spirit of golf by supporting its allied associations, conducting quality championships, and promoting activities beneficial to golfers in the Pacific Northwest. For more than a century, the PNGA has remained committed to being a truly regional organization providing benefits and services to its members and member clubs throughout the Northwest.
Benefits of being a member of the PNGA include:
- Free subscription to Pacific Northwest Golfer magazine, direct-mailed to you
- Eligibility to compete in the region's finest amateur championships
- Opportunity to play in all events listed on the PNGA's "All Access Tournament Calendar"
- Discounted green fees at numerous regional golf courses, including The Home Course (DuPont, Wash.), OGA GC (Woodburn, Ore.) and Chambers Bay (University Place, Wash.)
- Exclusive offers for travel, golf, stay and play packages, and other discounted items
In addition, your support of the PNGA enables the Association to carry out many beneficial programs for the golf community throughout the region:
- Administration of the Pacific Northwest Golf Hall of Fame
- Bestowing the biennial PNGA Distinguished Service Award
- Administration of the Pacific Northwest Player of the Year Awards
- Support of the Patrons of Golf Program, which helps fund initiatives such as the Evans Caddie Scholarship Program, Junior Golf, Turfgrass Research at Northwest universities, the creation of Northwest Golf House which will house the Hall of Fame and museum
2017 WSGA Multi-Member Rebate
If you have paid for a Washington State Golf Association Membership at more than one WSGA Member golf club and were issued the same GHIN number at each club, please complete the form below, and you will receive a rebate of $10.00 for each membership beyond your first membership.
The deadline for filing for a refund is December 1, 2017. If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact Torrin Westwood at (253) 214-2919. If you would rather print and mail the form below to the WSGA office, please click here to download a PDF.
Please note: No rebates will be issued before December 1, 2017, yet all will be issued no later than December 31, 2017. Junior memberships do not qualify for the multi-member rebate.
GHIN Mobile App
Join the 25,000+ Members Who Have Downloaded the Free GHIN Mobile App Today!
GHIN Mobile is the official app of the Golf Handicap and Information Network® (GHIN®), a service of the United States Golf Association®. It offers a personalized mobile experience that allows you to manage and follow your game.
Here are some of the app's features:
- Post your score
- My Game
- View your official USGA Handicap Index®
- View your most recent scores
- Interactive Course Handicap™ Calculator & Handicap Index lookup
- WSGA News and event results
- View Social Media posts (Facebook and Twitter)
- Enter WSGA Championships
- View WSGA Championship Pairings & Information
The GHIN Mobile app is available for use on Android, iPhone, iPad and the iPod Touch. Download it today at Google Play (formally, the Android Market) or the iTunes Store by searching on GHIN.
Nest Benefit Real Estate Program
Nest Benefit is a real estate program offered to WSGA members, friends, and family as a part of your membership benefits.
Nest Benefit works with top-rated agents and mortgage advisors from nationally-recognized companies who help you negotiate competitive real estate transactions while saving you thousands in closing costs and rebates.
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- SIGNIFICANT SAVINGS - Save .5% on every home purchase, sale, or mortgage transaction.
- For example: $500,000 purchase = $2,500 savings
$500,000 purchase + $400,000 mortgage finance = $4,500 savings
$500,000 purchase + $400,000 mortgage finance + $400,000 sale = $6,500 savings
- Calculate your savings at www.nestbenefit.com/wsga.
- For example: $500,000 purchase = $2,500 savings
- BROAD NETWORK - Our network gives you more options when choosing a real estate agent or mortgage advisor. We partner with select top-rated agents and advisors from Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, RE/MAX, Keller Williams Realty, and Coldwell Banker.
- SAVE TIME - We put in the legwork to find highly-qualified agents and advisors so you don't have to.
- FREE EDUCATION - We offer free consultations and seminars help you make the most of your real estate investment.
- DONATION - We donate $250 to the WSGA on every transaction to the help support initiatives that promote the health and growth of the game.
Contact your Nest Benefit account manager today to learn more or get started at www.nestbenefit.com/wsga.
The WSGA has partnered with Golfshot to bring you effortless Handicap Index® tracking and score posting to your GHIN® Account through our award-winning golf GPS app! WSGA members get their first year of Golfshot Pro for only $19.99!
Like a personal caddie on the course, Golfshot Pro gives you accurate GPS yardages to targets and hazards, rich scoring and shot tracking, detailed statistics and entire course flyover previews. WSGA members get Golfshot Pro's game-improving features for just $19.99.
- Link your existing GHIN® Number or purchase one for easy tracking and score posting to your Handicap Index®
- Access to world-class coaching from experts like Martin Chuck, Sean Foley and Andrew Rice, right at your fingertips with Golfplan
- Search, book and enjoy up to 80% off GolfNow tee times in Washington
- Use Golfshot Pro on your wrist with Apple Watch™ or Android Wear™
- Earn and share awards and in-depth statistics related to the progress of your game and more
Our mission has been simple -
to Help People Play Better Golf.
Beginning with our original Training Center in Denver, Colorado, we've used the guiding resource of technology and fact-based instruction to grow into the recognized world leader in golf lessons, with nearly 200 Centers worldwide.
Over 7 Million Lessons Taught with a 96% Success Rate.
Our instant video feedback and proprietary Motion Measurement Technology allows students to see real-time video and motion measurement simultaneously. When this is combined with the Coaches' expert guidance and knowledge that no "one" technique works for everyone, it's no wonder the 7 million golf lessons and counting have led to a 96% success rate for our students.
While we continue to grow and embrace new, constantly-evolving technologies that further enhance our ability to provide the most consistent, precise and efficient methods for golf improvement, our mission of helping people play better golf remains the same.
Affinity Golf & Travel
Affinity Travel Benefits LLC ("Affinity") operates a leading-edge, online travel aggregation platform. Leveraging a vast and established network of hospitality properties, travel wholesalers and bulk travel buyers, Affinity's data center delivers real-time streaming of highly discounted, "unpublished" and exclusive rates on hotels and vacation rental properties, and offers other travel-related booking services, such as airline bookings and auto rental reservations at highly competitive prices - one-stop shopping for Affinity's partners and members. Travel opportunities are available to over 600,000 hotels and vacation rental properties globally, each with Affinity's robust, Low Rate Guarantee.
WSGA Online Apparel Store Featuring Cutter & Buck
Where is my preferred club? It isn't included on the Join Now page!
Not all clubs participate in the WSGA "Join Now" Program as of yet. If your preferred facility is not listed, please click here to access our club directory and contact your club's pro shop. Or, you might consider joining one of our online memberships:
Should I join a Member Club or an eClub/Online Membership (both types include a WSGA Membership)?
If you are looking to be a member at a men's or women's club, a Member Club is probably best for you. If you are simply looking for the ability to have a GHIN number, post scores, and reap the benefits of a WSGA Membership, minus the club aspect, then an online club might be best for you.
I can't remember my GHIN number. How can I get it?
Please call the WSGA Office at (800) 643-6410 x3.
What should I do if I can't decide which club to join or have questions about obtaining a WSGA Membership?
Call the WSGA office at (800) 643-6410 x3, we would love to help!
I am a new member. When will I receive my GHIN number?
Once your payment has been processed, a GHIN number will be assigned and then emailed to you. Processing typically takes less than 24 hours.
When does my WSGA Membership expire?
A WSGA membership runs through a calendar year, from January 1st through December 31st.
When will my membership be inactivated?
Every WSGA member club manages their own member activation and deactivation process* and is responsible for annually cleaning their roster between January 1 and March 31. Members of eClubs will be "Inactivated" on February 15.
* Depending on bookkeeping preferences, some clubs will inactivate their entire roster at one time, and will simply reactivate members as they pay dues to rejoin for the new season.
Can I set up my membership to auto-renew?
"Auto-renewal" is a preference that is set by each club, some participate some do not. Our eClubs all offer the opportunity for your membership to be auto-renewed in the spring.
If I am going to travel for the off season, what should I do?
It is a good idea for you to pay your club in advance so that your membership continues uninterrupted.
Why am I listed as "inactive" and/or I can't post scores?
Most likely it is time for you to renew your membership for the upcoming season.